The growth of the information technology sector is outpacing that of most other industry sectors. In fact, most sectors are now dependent upon the growth of IT and its sister sectors to drive productivity improvements and innovation.
Because of this relentless pace of growth, professionals looking to establish themselves in the IT sector face the constant challenge of being left behind and unable to compete with all the new talent being attracted to the sector because of the growth opportunities. IT certifications are a great way for the really serious candidates to establish themselves and be preferred over competitors. The ready availability of online certification courses in India is also making it easy for professionals to take up these certifications at their convenience and stay ahead in their career. The right certifications can lead to chances of getting better appraisals, salary hikes, promotions and wider job opportunities.
When one thinks IT certifications, one of the first names that pops up is ITIL – one of the most globally well-accepted certifications by IT service providers and seekers alike. Getting the right certification courses in ITIL can open up a lot of job opportunities in India and abroad.
What is ITIL? Information Technology Infrastructure Library
Consolidating the benefits that ITIL offers to the organizations:
- Better service: ITIL standards have been proven to be effective for years. When service providers implement proven success strategies, this can help them offer consistent quality in service and thus emerge as reliable companies.
- Better customer relationship: With better service offered every time, the enterprises that have ITIL practices can build better customer relationships. ITIL helps companies put customer service on the front seat and focus on it.
- Fine tuning the supply chain: When a standardization is in place, it gives way for evaluating the current practices and working towards a successful model. With the reduction in management risks and support costs, managements would be able to tweak their supply chain effectively.
ITIL Certification: Who Is It For?
Here are several levels of ITIL certification and other supplementary courses as well:
- ITIL Foundation: Like the name indicates, this is to give the candidate an insight into what ITIL standards are all about. This gets you familiarized with the terminologies and lays a foundation to start building your expertise in ITIL practices. This would help you understand how and where you would be able to use ITIL in your company.
- ITIL Practitioner: Once you have completed the Foundation course, the Practitioner level takes you through the actual change management required in your organization and gets you through the metrics and measurements of the process.
- ITIL Intermediate: There are several modules to choose from in the Intermediate level certification. Delving deeper into the aspects of ITIL, this one consists of modules in Service Capability and Service Lifecycle.
- ITIL Expert: Once you have completed all other ITIL modules, this level gives you an in-depth knowledge and takes you through the nuances of the actual structure of ITIL. An extensive testing of your ITIL knowledge would yield you an ITIL Expert certificate.
- ITIL Master: If you are already an ITIL expert, the next step is to become an ITIL master. With the knowledge gained in the Foundation to the Expert level certifications, ITIL Master would enable the professional to gain expertise over the application of ITIL in the real business scenario. ITIL Masters can make a great impact in helping the IT division of the company evolve so that the company can achieve great progress.
betterU has a wide variety of IT certification and preparation courses that will provide you with just the right course material and guidance that you require to do well in your certification exams and crack them in the first try! Start your certification journey with betterU today!